1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mark Bass CMD121P

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BillMason, Feb 11, 2013.

1. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    One 12" speaker, 8 OHM, 500 Watt (at 4 Ohms) amp...

... I love it when guitar players ask me to turn down and I'm at 3!

Quite a powerful amp that is more importantly nice sounding!

Everyone is impressed by its size, weight, and volume output.

When I start doing gigs again, I will invest in a 210 cab or maybe just another 112, but for *any* jam session, this has more than enough umph!

2. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

I played one at that was used for backline at a festival event. It had the 12" extension cab so it was a 500 watt 2x12. It sounded fabulous. Super schlepable stack.

3. I'm of the identical driver/cabinet is better school. Can't wait to try a NY151 with my Berlin combo. (Tweeter off of course)

4. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    I had the Mark CMD121p (also used to own the Berlin 115 with the 115 NY ext cab),,,,, anyhow, when I gigged with the CMD121p as a stand alone playing with classic rock band it could not cut it,,, perhaps with the 121 ext cab it might work,,,, the key word being "might".

If I had it to do all over again and I was still using Markbass I would have/should have gotten the CMD102p.

Just my experience's.

These days I'm a GK convert,,, with Mark and Ampeg being my second choice favorite brands.

Cheers
    Davyo

5. ManMountain

ManMountain

Jan 15, 2013
    Endorsing Artist: Vintage, Jim Dunlop Strings
    fellow Markbass players,

can anyone tell me what CMD stands for? the whole range is called CMD and i can't figure it out?

6. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I too have a CMD121p. I would never suggest the amp as a stand alone to play with a Classic rock band. It will do cocktail jazz gigs however just fine. I added the Markbass NY121 1x12 Extension cab and it makes a killer little stack. But when I get to really thump on it, there is only so much you're gonna get from a 1x12 cab (or pair) of 1x12 cabs where the cab volume is barely bigger than the speaker. You can only defy and challenge the rules of physics so much.

For what it is however, I am blown away. But I am finding that it has its limitations that are just a little bit shy from my personal needs if the band starts cranking. ...even with the matching NY121 1x12 extension cab!

7. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    I have done classic rock gigs with my 121H combo (bigger box), but it wasn't enough. Now with a 151P cab and separate LMIII head it's doable, but two 151P cabs are better. I use the 121H combo for rehearsals and small gigs with great success, though.

8. BoxofRain

BoxofRain

Nov 17, 2012
    Northern VA
  9. ricky

ricky

Apr 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I really like mini 12 stack a lot, but lately have been playing without the extension - with a loud drummer, and it's plenty enough volume for my soul/RnB band:

http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_videos/2994904

The amp is incredibly warm and sounds great through other cabs, and has a great XLR out tone as well.

For more volume, also try pushing a good 410 with the CMD 121p.

10. MODELL

MODELL

Aug 30, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have one and sometimes use the lager 121H cab as an extension:

3Ie3M63J15O35Ke5Hbd43dd7e1355a1971724.

11. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Maybe the D is the first letter of an Italian word.