Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mark Bass Combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stu Rose, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of these amps and combos?

2. I know Im buying a Markbass CMD 102P Combo this week. :hyper: Whatcha want to know?

3. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    I don't think a combo is a good idea because heads and cabs are so portable and more flexible. Their is a difference in the sound of a combo and his same separated config. The sound is more compacted in the combos for me, and it really inhibates quality of these perfect amps.

Moreover, you should try the 12' cabs because it's really awesome: the deep of a 15 with better highs than a 210. The 12 cab has a real tweeter, not a piezzo, and it's really important.

But you go right with markbass, it's an incredible deal!!!
    I played on EBS stuff (and I loved it) but I will never pay the difference to have the same quality.

4. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    It's great gear. Lightweight. Powerful. Clean. I have a Little Mark head and I'm pleased with it. Impressive customer service.

5. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    This all makes sense to me...I hate piezzo tweeters, ick!

6. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    The 12 traveler cab is really impressive. The 12 speaker is more powerfull than 2 10s. It's incredible.

7. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    Owned the Little Mark 1x12 combo for a while. Good gear. Its real power is in the portability.