Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mark Bass compared to other high end amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lewibassist, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Hiya i am interested in some of the Mark bass gear. I am particulary looking at there combos. How would you compare there combos to other combos for example ampeg, eden, swr etc... . I am mostly looking at power and potability.

Cheers lewis

2. Anyone :(

3. Blue

Blue Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Central NC
    search Epifani

4. I just bought Markbass Little Mark head and a traveller 4x10 and am very impressed. The amp is very small and light and has a loud and punchy tone. It is also pretty inexpensive for the money, it was £550 for 450w into 4ohms. I think they keep the price down by not loading it with bells and whistles. It has quite a simple pre-amp.

The Traveller 4x10 was quite pricey at £800 but is very light - only 55lbs, which is why I bought it, and sounds awesome.

I can't really comment on how they compare to Eden etc but I also have an Ashdown rig and I would say the Markbass is as good.

5. Whisper

Whisper Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2001
    New York, New York
    I have a Mark Bass Traveller 4x10 and am powering it with a Sunn 300T. It's a loud and light cabinet.

6. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    I have been comparing the MesaBoogie Scout (1x12)and the Mark Bass combo (121 combo + 121 Mini) I have checked out around 20 different amps to finally narrow it down to these 2.

Here in Japan the Mesa is alot more money than the Mark
    The sound is very similar but the Mesa has a little more bass and edge to it.
    Both are comparable in weight with the Mark winning but power wise the Mesa will go to 2ohms so the Mesa wins out here.

Both these amps are so new that there are very few used/pre-owned ones out there. So if another amp came along that was half the price of these ones I might jump ship and grab that one.

Robert VanLane