Mark Bass Little Mark III + Orange OBC 115 issues

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Anthony O, Nov 13, 2020.

1. I've recently been having issues with my amp and/or cab and i'm not too sure what the problem may be. Initially the clip light stopped responding to any signal, over time the gain and volume weren't as loud as they originally were (with random occasional peaks) and now there is a distorted sound coming from the cab. I'm a little frustrated because I haven't even gigged the gear yet so it hasn't been past 20% gain and 50% volume and these issues have come up.

Its my first non combo setup so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Could a blown fuse have caused all these issues or is there an underlying problem?

Attached Files:

2. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Welcome to TB and sorry to hear that your first post concerns an unwell amp.

Fuses are binary: when they blow, they totally stop whatever they were protecting. In most cases, fuses are on the power supply to safeguard both the amp and the user. So no, not a fuse.

What you described is far from normal. I'd say it's time for your amp to visit a qualified technician. If it was purchased new, it needs to go back to the dealer.

SJan3 and Anthony O like this.
  3. Active bass ?

Try a fresh battery

Wicked G likes this.
  4. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    That gets a nod from Captain Obvious.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022