1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mark Bass makes an all tube guitar amp!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pasta4lnch, Apr 24, 2010.

1. nothing???

2. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    Wish they made a 100 watt head instead of a 180 watt tube head. I would maybe be interested in them for guitar if this was the case.

3. I don't understand the buzz around all-tube. My G-B head with a tube preamp sounds wonderful. Solid state has less to go wrong, is ultimately more durable.

Enjoy the Markbass if that's what floats yer boat...they make great amps, and I'm sure there will be a contingent who wants to pony up for them. 180W of tube amp ought to match up pretty well with 200+ watts solid state.

4. Hmm, that 180W All-tube head would be a great backup for the 900W hybrid M9 Carbine I use with my guitar.

I will definitely look into those.

5. 180 watts does seem a bit excessive, they are also making some hybrids too . . . though those will probably be a billion watts, but more managable. i care less about wattage on guitar then I do on bass.

I really dig their bass amps and would love to hear their spin on guitar amps - also see what they bring to the table innovation/size-wise

6. If you are playing with a loud guitar, you often need the 100+ wattages with tube guitar amps to maintain a clear clean tone. My Les Paul (burstbucker pros sound about as high-output as EMGs) makes a Marshall JCM break up with the volume on one.

The reason people like tubes is because they sacrifice headroom for a natural distorted tone, which causes them to often lack in the clean department.