Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mark Bass ???'s

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jobu3, Nov 5, 2004.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Anyone try the new 112 with the front porting? How loud is it? Depth/Low B thumpage and handling? Overall tone?

And next, where do they carry them in the States? I couldn't find anything on their site.

Comments? :confused: :bassist: :help:

2. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
  3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
  4. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Cool, I'll drop them a line tomorrow afternoon... ;)

5. Bass Player magazine reviewed them. Consesus was light weight, cool looking but sounded very harsh.

6. I only know that they designed the EB Music Man amps as well, if you look at them it seems obvious. Never tried one, my guess is the harshness is due to the tweeter in the cabs and that the amps are probably just fine.

7. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I think the ones reviewed in BP where the "traveler" cabs/combos with the yellow fronts. They have cheeper piezo tweeter while the ordinary cabs (all black) have better horns.

8. Gouge away. .
    you can gouge away. . .

Stay all day. . .
    if you want to. . .

Pixies

Bass Player Magaizine Sept. 2004 reviewed Combo 102 and Traveller 151. But also T-902 and Std 106 HQ cab.

BTW, Kim Deal is on the cover of the current BP. Nice interview is found therein.