1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mark Bass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nemesis_2509, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Nemesis_2509

Nemesis_2509

Aug 23, 2006
    Texas
    Just went for a visit to GC yesterday to take a look around and see what was new. I actually came across quite a surprise in the Mark Bass amps. Now i am a satisfied person with my Ampegs (I know a lot of people dont like them but they've never let me down) but i decided to try the Mark Bass amps anyway and it was awesome. tried a 2-10s combo and then their 501 Head (with tube compressor!) with 4-10s and 1-15 hooked up *drools*. Crystal clear and versatile, i was playing smooth jazzy stuff one second and cutting heavy metal the next...turns out heaven isnt too far away after all. And it shook everything in the room and i had the master volume on 1.5...gotta get one!

anyway, just thought id share, i thought these amps were awesome, and the price wasnt bad. anyone else get to try these out?

2. I have tried all the MarkBass stuff that GC carries. I was blown away by it.

I got a Little Mark II, because it seemed perfect for my needs. Its LOUD for its 500 watt rating.

3. wish they expand their distribution
    theres none in Florida not even BassCentral
    nor any internet distribution

4. what were the prices like?
    I adjusted the price of a micromark from the British Pound to US $
    and got $640

5. Nemesis_2509

Nemesis_2509

Aug 23, 2006
    Texas
    Well i didnt see a price on a micromark there (not even sure if they had a micromark or not). The little Mark II head was priced at $650 i think...TA501 head was about $1200 or so...and the combo w/ 2-10s was about $1000...not really really sure of all the prices but i think those should be close at least. The cab prices also ranged from about $700-1000 i think.

6. 64jazzbass

64jazzbass

Sep 5, 2002
    Chicago, Il
    I think you can get Markbass online from Guitar Center. Check their website.

7. I just tried a TA503 this morning. I have had a LMK11 for close to 6 months now and simply love it.

I found the TA503 excellent as well and it has more warmth, this due to the tube preamp in it.

It's my next choice whenever I decide to change my LMK11.

By the way, the TA503 is available here in Ottawa, along with plenty of MarkBas cabs at a great deal !!!

8. Peter Murray

Peter Murray Commercial User

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Currently doing marketing and artist relations work for Xvive, and product videos for Markbass
    Not yet, but we're working on it!
    I'll keep you all posted on here.
    We're currently in 22 Guitar Center stores, and adding four new ones every month. You can also order Markbass from any GC store!
    To see the current list of stores that have Markbass, go to:
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/markbass/

Peter

9. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Any idea when you'll get Markbass products into the GC in Manchester CT?

10. theophilus762

theophilus762 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    maybe more than you think?

i called around maybe 5 GC's in VA, and Seven Corners, Falls Church has Markbass equipment too. its not listed on the GC website.

11. Peter Murray

Peter Murray Commercial User

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Currently doing marketing and artist relations work for Xvive, and product videos for Markbass
    Manchester, CT is scheduled for February!

PM

12. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. :) Greatly appreciated.

Now I have something to look forward to after Punxsutawney Phil shows us his shadow (or not).

13. hopefully they come to tampa florida soon