Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mark(Blink182)'s bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Oct 2, 2000.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Hey, I was just wondering, I was watching Blink 182's video.. and I couldn't help notice that Mark(Bassist) was using a Fender P-Bass, but has a Jazz Bass body??!?! Anyone know whats up with that? That body had to be a Jazz Bass body, but it had a Single P-Bass style pickup.. Maybe its a custom? Thanks

DM

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU

You mean that ugly 'sea foam green'(as it was described somewhere) colored instrument? Must have surely been fender, no other brand has so ugly colors :cool:

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU

Ok, saw the video, the bass is blue :(
    It looked much like Peavey Milestone IV to me.
    But that geetar is still ugly fender!

4. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Peavey?? U sure.... it does look like a Fender Jazz Bass body with P-Bass pickups to me.. this is more recent songs that is... i've seen him use a Musicman Stingray also (Josie video) :)

5. Ok, i'll let you in on his little secret...
    Its a fender custom shop bass. All it basicly is is a fender jazz bass with a p pickup and thats it. i guess he liked the neck of the j basses, but prefer'd the punch of a p. its pretty simple to figure it out if you look at it enough. i'd point you to an interveiw of what his guitar is, but i dont remember which mag. i read it in. but i'm positive its a fender Jazz with a P pickup and no j's, and only a volume knob.

6. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Ah ic.. See I didn't know which neck etc.. he used either :) Thanks

DM

7. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU

I thought Peavey is just the politically correct brand
    for that sortta stuff ;) Milestone IV is basicly a P copy.

8. Reid

Reid

Aug 25, 2000
    Oakville, Ontario
    Mark plays a Fender Custom Shop Precision bass into 2 Ampeg SVT-3 etc.
    It's right on their web page.
    Blink182.com

9. Zjarrett

Zjarrett

Sep 17, 2000
    but i dont really think that he has much of an opinion. I've heard him say a buncha times that none of them can really sing, play their instruments, or take the music seriously....i think he just wanted something to play thats all really. oh yea hehe i think one of the ones he has is a red fender P deluxe with that gold pickguard (adams song i think.