Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mark Hoppus Bass Update: Now available

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChronicPyromaniac, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChronicPyromaniac

ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    Yeah if you search for "Mark Hoppus" at Musician's Friend it comes up. Comes in Daphne Blue, Pink, and Surf Green.

2. I haven't searched for "Mark Hoppus" anywhere in a long time.

3. if blink still claims to be punk, rather than pop or rock, doesn't the concept of signature instruments run totally counter to the DIY spirit? It's like saying, "You dont have to discover your own sound or customise your own instrument, you can be unique like us."

i don't want to be hostile or anything, but that's how it seems to me.

nemo.

4. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

This just reminds me of something that has been irritating the hell out of me for the past year or so. Punk went pop! My mom was watching Total Request Live the other day, (Tom Cruise was on and she wanted to watch) and Sum 41 was on there! They were one of the top videos, and there were all these comments going across the bottom of the screen that said, "Carson, please play Sum 41 because they are so hotttttt!!!"

:rolleyes:

Also, my little brother makes fun of those screaming girls in Times Square in school. He says stuff like, "Im here from Canada!!!! AHHHhh!!!! Play my Britney Spears song! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! Because shes not a little girl anymore AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Anyway, one time he was doing that in school, and he said something to the effect of, "OH MY GOD!!!!! THE SINGER FROM SUM 41 IS SOOOO HOTTTTT!!!" And then some girl in his class piped up and said, "No, DUHHHHH, everyone knows that Cone is the hot one!!!"

So I told him the next time someone says this, ask them what instrument Cone plays. I guarantee they wont know, or they'll tell you its the guitar.

Such is life. :(

5. :mad::mad::mad:

This reminds me of something that has been irritating the hell out of me for the past year or so. People come into a Mark Hoppus BASS forum and bash on him.. Who the flying F*** cares what you think of Mark Hoppus, since this is in the BASS section and people brought it up to talk about the mark hoppus BASS!

:rolleyes:

I'm no fan, but christ, can't anyone keep this place on topic anymore?

"such is life"

:(

6. That pink bass goes well with spandex tights.:rolleyes:

7. And then people come in and complain about how people complain about how Mark Hoppus is no good. And then those people complain about how Mark Hoppus really isn't good. And then some people never want to hear the name Mark Hoppus again.

I don't really see anywhere in this thread where anybody said anything bad about him.

In conclusion, FiElDy Rulz!

8. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Ohh funky, you never stop making me laugh.

9. How any of this has anything to do with the Mark Hoppus BASS i still don't know...

10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Exactly. This is getting a little sickening, guys.:rolleyes: Enough about Mark Hoppus. You wanna talk about his bass, then talk about it. You wanna talk about whether or not he deserves one, or if he is a sellout or is not punk because he has a signature bass, go somewhere else. And it looks like that is the direction that this thread is headed.

CLOSED!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.