Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mark Hoppus Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4stringsavior23, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Hey everyone. I hope you are all having a great time playing your bass and enjoying the low end of things.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew if Mark Hoppus' Signature Bass was going to be available in pink in the future.

Thanks for all the replies. :)

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Eh?

I thought it was available in Surf Green, Lake Placid Blue (or something like that), Plaid, and Pink? What site are you on?

3. Sergio

Sergio

Apr 7, 2004
    Lafitte, LA
    It's currently available in Daphne Blue, Olymic White, Surf Green, and Black. I'm guessing they discontinued the Shell Pink because it probably didn't sell very well. And since Blink-182 are sotra-kinda defunct now, I don't even know if they will keep making the Hoppus for much longer. :meh: But what do I know?

4. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    i actually just saw a used pink one at guitar showcase a few days ago...played horrible btw.

5. JonTheBassGuy

JonTheBassGuy

Dec 12, 2004
    Blink 182 broke up...I wonder if the bass is gonna stop being made..

6. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    one can only hope...lol :bag:

7. Yeh, i played a mark hoppus signature a while ago, one of the worst ive ever played. If you want something similar but much much much much (x1000000000) better, get the mike dirnt, its the second best fender iver ever played, next to the urge.

8. JonTheBassGuy

JonTheBassGuy

Dec 12, 2004
    lol ya, but its too good to be true

9. ThAt duDe

ThAt duDe

Aug 2, 2004
    cAliForNIa
    I played it and it is surprisngly a great bass... only one problem.

No tone knob.

This won't trouble many beginners at first, but as you expand you're experience, you're going to want a tone knob. The tone is still very nice and good quality, but still, you are going to want to find you're own tone.

10. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Funny, I played it and nearly threw up :-\

11. ThAt duDe

ThAt duDe

Aug 2, 2004
    cAliForNIa
    The tone is very good on this bass... Despite it not being versatile, the tone that it has is indeed incredible. Just no room for expanding a musician's vocabulary.

You must of played one with used up strings, or the action was off... Amp settings could of also been messed up, or you just don't like it.

I think it honestly would be a great bass if it had a tone knob...

12. You could always add a tone knob yourself. Just find a wiring schematic for a Pbass and voila!

13. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    The Hoppus basses I have played have all be excellent playing and sounding basses.

Tone knobs on passive basses are overated! ;)