Mark Hoppus: Peddle or No?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by natedogg567, Feb 3, 2001.

1. Hey everyone, I was just wondering, does Mark Hoppus from Blink 182 use a peddle?? Oh, and I was looking at this bass tab for Adam's Song(by blink) and the guy who made it called Mark Mike!! That guy doesn't deserve to have his tab on there! And I don't even think it's right! The tab can be found on BassTabArchive, I'd appreciate it if some one could look at it and tell me if it's right or not. I play something different, but need to know the correct way for a school talent contest. Think you guys could help me out?? Thanks.
  2. last time i checked, he doesnt use any pedals. but an EQ pedal will give you some more tones and probably give you the hoppus tone. i havent checked that tab, but if its not right then try other places like
  3. normally about 90% of the tabs here are wrong
    but i can guaratee that the tab for blitzkrieg bop is correct because i wrote it hahahaha
  4. hey, thanks, but i checked that site and the tab is the exact same one by the same person. problem is it doesn't say the person's name or email, so i can't contact them. :-( oh well.
  5. I doubt Mark would go to the trouble of using a pedal. If you're having trouble with Tabs try, you'll probably be able to find the right one, maybe, I should also note that tabs don't always sound they way they seem, a lot of times the bass drum or the distortion of the guitar can make lines sound different. Besides, it doesn't need to be perfect, it's frickin Blink 182! If you still can't get it, find out what key the guitar part is in and just do a 1-4-5 whatever floats your boat. That's basically what most punk bands do.
  6. If the tab is wrong, it shouldnt be hard to figure it out, I never use tabs for punk stuff, it is so easy to figure out. Even complicated stuff like Rancid isnt hard to figure out. Do yourself a favor and dont rely on tabs, figure it out yourself.
  7. I agree wholeheartedly. Just noodle around with your bass and figure it out. If you keep doing that, you'll be able to just sit down and play along to any song.