Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mark Hoppus Sig.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by p0w3rman5ooo, Aug 7, 2001.

1. p0w3rman5ooo

p0w3rman5ooo

Aug 27, 2000
  2. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    Arizona
    Sea Foam Green, I reckon!

3. dirnthoppus

dirnthoppus

Jul 28, 2001
    Canada
    it's a really nice-looking bass, i mean i would buy it, the only problem is it doesnt have the metal control panel, but other than that it's pretty acurate

4. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    It's too bluish to be seafoam, it's more likely sonic blue.

5. In the original picture (just the bass in its stand) it had better lighting so, you could tell that in actulity it was infact surf green.

6. it does look a lot like sonic blue, but whatever color it is i dig it. :cool:

7. Is that the new Squier ABG in the back round? I thought that was only supposed to be available in Red and Black

8. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Hey! I saw that picture first :p

If they decide to make that bass with a control plate, I would probably buy it, but then everyone would think I was trying to be like mark hoppus...

9. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    That bass is definately surf green. I just checked www.reranch.com to make sure. :D

10. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    by the way lo end Brenden F. doesn't say that in Air Heads. He says they might have the guns. But we got the numbers :)

11. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    I think this is just a prototype, so hopefully they may consider adding a metal control plate before they actually release the model.

Also, the finish is not turquoise enough to be Surf Green, not to mention that none of Mark Hoppus' basses were Surf Green. The only blues or greens he had were Sonic Blue, Seafoam Green, and Daphne Blue.

[​IMG]

12. p0w3rman5ooo

p0w3rman5ooo

Aug 27, 2000
    Yeah, i hope they add a control plate, but how about a P-bass with Jazz pickups and neck? has that been done?

13. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Well Fender makes P+J pickup P-basses. No 2 Jazz pickups P-basses, although some other companies like Yamaha and Ibanez have done.

14. what i think is sad is the fact that some people here say they won't touch it because it says Mark Hoppus on it. looks like some of us have an ego problem.

15. p0w3rman5ooo

p0w3rman5ooo

Aug 27, 2000
    It doesnt even has his name on so i dont see a problem, and i like Jazz sound, but Precision shape, so i hope the make a P-bass with 2 Jazz pickups and neck, not just the one Jazz pup.

16. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    hmm I coulda sworn he said "we got the guns!"

17. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Blink182 and Mark Hoppus will proberly disapear in the black hole of old music by January 2002, so I doubt Fender will make this bass a Mark Hoppus Sig bass. It would put to many people of. How do we know that is really is a Mark Hoppus sig bass, it could be "Endorsed" by Mark Hoppus bass. I expect this bass to become as common as p+j basses are now.

I have always heard rumers that Fender were devolping a Jazz bass with a P pickup before Mark Hoppus even had one. Mark Hoppus will just have helped to popularised it. A bit like Kurt Cobain and Fender Jaguars.

18. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Well it has the one volume knob and a color that Mark has been known to prefer his basses in, so there has to be a connection.

19. Technically it's not a real Fender but the Squire P Special 5 string has a P body and Two J pickups.

20. I dont ever recall seeing mark hoppus wiht a daphine blue Fender, except the one thats in the Dammit video. On his cs basses, he has the first one, which is Lake Placid blue (the naked tour), which is p body, 1 volume, p pickup. Then he got the surf Green (i believe sea foalm (sp? i just woke up), which had the j body, p pickup, first seen on mtv's fanAtic. He's got the midnight wine one used in the adams song video, CAR used in man overboard, and hot pink used in rock show.

Now i know these are only videos and yeah, in concerts he uses more than one bass, but when i saw them for mark tom travis show, he used the surf green one till it went out of tune, (which was very aparent when it happend, cause he was like throwing it or whatever, and then it fell.) and i recall him then picking up the CAR one. Also, on the side of the stage, he had a stash of 4 basses, none as i can recall were daphine blue.