1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mark Hoppus's Yellow bass is awesome

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pigsonthewing, Sep 27, 2009.

1. pigsonthewing

pigsonthewing

Jul 7, 2009
    Old York
  2. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    Me me me ! i like him , he is not a bass idol i worshipped when i was younger but i think he is a good player and it fits what he does, alot better then pete .

A few of his bass are custom shop but i think that one is just his MIM fender painted yellow tom had a yellow strat to.

3. pigsonthewing

pigsonthewing

Jul 7, 2009
    Old York
    I'm glad everyone doesn't hate him haha
    Well I wouldn't say he's a bass idol anymore, but I really appreciate him because he gave me the courage to actually try bass back when I was first starting, and when I first started playing I played blink songs because they're fun and not that hard

Yeah I heard that was a paint job, I think it looks better than all the colors his sig comes in though :D

4. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    Yeah he got alot of players to start , i really cant remember why i started anymore i think it was south park.

that is a sweet color i am debating painting a squier body i have that or a purple color.

5. ummm yeah...... not

6. pigsonthewing

pigsonthewing

Jul 7, 2009
    Old York
    haha was it from tolken?

and you should that'd be sick

7. pigsonthewing

pigsonthewing

Jul 7, 2009
    Old York
    yo son don't be hatin'

8. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    Yeah thats like the only thing i can link it back to , i remember seeing that episode like 5-6 years ago and telling my dad bass looks sick i want to play that, i always wanted to play an instrument and south park of all things pushed me to go to the pawn shop and check some out basses lol

9. pigsonthewing

pigsonthewing

Jul 7, 2009
    Old York
    Haha well if you're still playing, then I guess it ws good motivation! :p

10. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    "Mark Hoppus's Yellow bass is awesome"

Maybe ... but the blue one sucks.

:rollno:

11. pigsonthewing

pigsonthewing

Jul 7, 2009
    Old York
    I don't think so.

12. My cat's breath smells like catfood.

13. pigsonthewing

pigsonthewing

Jul 7, 2009
    Old York
    5string, have you been stiffing the cat again?

14. bassgod76

bassgod76 bass turd burglar

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    I saw Blink, last night. While Mark's playing was solid and simple, his harmonizing with Tom was a total train wreck. Of course, the audience of all pre-pubescent teens could care care less. Man, I'm getting old!

One little odd detail I have a question about is Mark's pickup configuration. Last night, he was playing Hoppus signature basses with reverse P pickup configuration. However, in this video and his signature bass available for sale both have the pickups in normal configuration. Why is that?

15. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    wow, what an awful song.

Not a Blink fan but I do like the Hoppus sig bass. All the ones I have played were fantastic.

I wouldn't mind owning one of the pink ones.

16. Bouigha123

Bouigha123

Sep 5, 2009
    I actually almost bought the green hopus sig series, but I opted out and got the fender p delux, but i still play my squire vintage jazz because it just feals awsome

17. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I never heard of Mark Hoppus until I bought his sig bass off of E-bay. Still can't tell you much about Mark Hoppus, but his sig bass kicks ass!

18. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    And he is so great because?

19. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    He decided while playing in +44 to have his bass updated and reversed the P pick up because he liked it, i think his sig bass will be changed to , but his basses are mainly customshop.

20. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    No one said he was great just like most players everyone has some fans. I will never understand why people like sid vicous but they do.