Mark III Centurion what Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Broncrider32, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Broncrider32

Feb 21, 2003
    I have a 130 watt Mark III Centurion with a 8 ohm Peavey BW115 Cab. I am wanting to add a extra 210 cab to my setup i'm currently looking at an Avatar 210 Cab but it is 4 ohm. What exactly is the difference with the 8 and 4 ohm cabs and will they both work good together if I was to go with this setup.:bassist:
  2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    If you're looking at a new Avatar 210, you can buy them either way...4 ohms or 8 ohms.

You have to make sure that you don't go below the minimum impedance rating of your amp. It may be marked on the back, will be in the manual, etc.

If you combine (connect in parallel) your 8 ohm 15 and a 4 ohm 210, the resulting impedance will be 2.7 ohms. If the amp can handle 2 ohms, you're OK; if it can only go down to 4 ohms, DON'T DO IT as you risk damaging your amp.

If you mix impedances, the 4 ohm cabinet will draw twice as much power as the 8 ohm cabinet. The Avatar is pretty efficient (from what I understand) so it might end up being a lot louder than the Peavey.
  3. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    A 4 and 8 ohm cab in parallel will show your amp 2.67 ohms. I think most Peaveys will run at 2 ohms so you should be OK. As far as the the 4 ohm 2-10, each speaker is probably 8 ohms so all three speakers will see the same amount of power. I use this exact setup and don't hear any differences in sound level from each speaker cab.
  4. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    No No! I have the same bass head. It will only go down to 4 ohms. Anything less, you will regret. I'd reccomend a 410. Either a Peavey or Hartkes go great with Peavey Marks.