Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mark III

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ThePaste, Jan 14, 2001.

1. <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1403200402">Look here (it's Ebay)</a> It's a used Mark III XP series 300 CHS. One question, how loud will 150 watts, 4 Ohms, 23 V RMS be?

What is a RMS anyway?

2. This amp was the first "real" amp I ever bought, asides from the little 25 watt Samick practice amp I got with my first Samick bass. I used a 4 ohm 15" Peavey cab. That was about 4 years ago and from what I remember it was a very loud amp for only being 150 watts. I used it in a loud blues band and I never really had a problem with volume. It would have been nice to have some more power for a little more low end rumble, but that's all I could afford at the time. And besides, the amp had fine bass at a moderate volume so it wasn't that big of a deal.

I can't really tell you how loud the amp will be, it depends what cabinet(s) you hook up to it. The amp sounded really good though for the price and I never had any problems with it. Good luck if you get it. Happy bidding.

3. bassmanjck

bassmanjck

Jan 12, 2001
    I have been using this very amp for the last 2 years. I bought it slightly used for $235.00. I have no plans to get anything else because I am so happy with this one. I play in a four piece pop band. My bandmates tend to crank it up during live performances, and I've never had any problem with volume. I also use it for recording because it is the quietest (in terms of unwanted noise)amp I have ever used. I run the amp through a Peavey 4X10 with horn and a Peavey 1X15, both 8 ohms. The range and sound is great. I couldn't recommend the amp more highly.