Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mark King

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by kcm, Nov 12, 2000.

1. kcm

kcm

Jun 17, 2000
    Woking, Surrey.
    2am GMT and I've just got back from the Jazz Cafe in Camden, London having seen Mark King do a stonking set. If any of you England boys can get there he is on til Thursday.
    He's using new GBs' with Bernie Goodfellows specially designed LEDs that flash and react to his playing. He has also dumped his Ashdown rig in favour of an EDEN World Tour rig. As I was right down the front I got a good backline mix and I can say that an Eden rig is definately on my Xmas list. Excellent set topped with the classic "88" as an encore. He actually got fans to vote for their top three on his website to help him decide his set so as well as his "Trash" music and the obligatory commercial Level42 we where treated to such classics as "True Believers" And "Take care of Yourself"
    I'll be there up the front for the rest of the week....if ya want to see the master slapper get ya butts down to sunny London!!

2. I'd lov to see Mark King leve. I can't really get the time to get down to London to see him unfortunately. Do you know if he's got a web site with tour details on, maybe if he plays up here some time I can check him out.

3. kcm

kcm

Jun 17, 2000
    Woking, Surrey.
  4. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Mark King's previous two GB basses (sky blue with blue LEDS, amber with green LEDs) are both up for sale (auction) on the GB guitars website. Bids start at £3000+.

The new LED system has been developed by SimsCustomLED, and is sold for retro-fit by them as the SensiLight system. There is a downloadable video of the system at their website , which I think is http://www.simscustom.com. Very cool-looking, but matched by an equally impressive price-tag, I expect!

I got to see Mark last year at the Music Live event at the NEC here in Birmingham. I remember being really impressed by his phenomenal slap technique, but I can't remember a thing that he played! I'm having good fun working on his lesson that was in 'Guitarist' a couple of months ago.

David

[Edited by David Benyahia on 11-13-2000 at 09:59 AM]

5. kcm

kcm

Jun 17, 2000
    Woking, Surrey.
    Tuesday night and he is using his Alembics again...strange!
    Sounded good but to be honest I was so near his cab it was so loud that I couldnt tell if the sound was better.

6. If Mr. King wants to send his Ashdown rig across the water,I'll gladly take them of his hands.I'm extremely jealous of all those who saw him live...sniff...sniff..