1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mark-to-Mark difference??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thumpinthenight, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Thumpinthenight

Thumpinthenight Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    New York
    Can anybody tell me, outside the power output, what is the tonal difference (sound - all things equal) between a Markbass SD800 and a LittleMark 800?? How might this tone compare to the F1?

2. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I've owned the F1 and the SD800. Very different sounding. The SD800 is less low mid present (less punch), a much deeper low end extension, and is MUCH brighter in the upper mids, and very clean up there. I personally liked the F1 quite a bit more, and found that the SD800 spent much of its extra power pushing that deep low end, making the absolute perceived volume between the two more similar than different.

I owned the LM800Tube for a very short time, and found it sounded almost identical to the SD800... that very (to my ear) harsh/present upper midrange response.

I have not played the LM800. Some have reported that it sounds more similar to the wonderful F1/F500, but their continues to be mixed reviews on that point.