1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Markbass 104HF 8 ohm w/ cover for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Stingray Fan, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Stingray Fan

Stingray Fan

Nov 15, 2010
    New York
    I'm selling one of my Markbass 104HF 8 ohm cabinets, with cover. I have two 104HFs 8 ohm - I played in a very loud band and needed the ooomph - but my needs have changed. I just bought a 102HF because I need more versatility - something for the smaller gigs, and something I can throw on top of the 104HF I'm keeping for the bigger applications.

The 104HF I'm looking to sell is in great condition, and I took great care of it. Just a little ding in the left front side (see pic).

I'm located in the New York City area (Northern NJ). I'll ship via UPS to US & Canada.

$600, with cover + shipping. Will ship in original box, with original packing materials.

Hit me with a message if you're interested.

--Chris

Attached Files:

2. Korbl

Korbl

Feb 1, 2011
    How much for shipping to 97526? Very interested :)

3. Guygrooves

Guygrooves Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Tampa Florida
    If it were the HR Id be coming to visit! Nice Cab Bump........

4. Stingray Fan

Stingray Fan

Nov 15, 2010
    New York
    Thanks, Guy!

The HRs do sound killer - but I prefer the front-ported sonic hugeness of the HFs myself. I like the front-ported Markbass cabs because, although bigger & bulkier than the rear-ported cabs, you can place them anywhere and still get the big bottom from the front port. The rear ported cabs need to be closer to a wall to get the big bass response.

Also, the difference in bass response between the HRs & HFs isn't too much of an issue when you're playing alone or with a low-volume group, but when you've got a lunatic banging the drums and a guitarist with a Marshall or Mesa Boogie amp cranking, the front-ported HF bass goodness takes your low-end well into their sonic hang-out space...

I've had a couple of inquiries into shipping charges for this 104HF cabinet. Here are the dimensions, with box and packaging materials factored in:

Weight: approx. 85 lbs.
    Box Height: 32 in.
    Box Width: 27 in.
    Box Depth/Length: 22 in.

Insured value (optional - buyer's choice): $600

*All of these, plus buyer's location, are factored in by UPS/FedEx when calculating a shipping charge.

5. Stingray Fan

Stingray Fan

Nov 15, 2010
    New York
    Sold.