Markbass 112 combo, volume cutting out

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bobbylon, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Bobbylon

Bobbylon

Dec 17, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    Bought it brand new about 5 years ago. I treat it very well (just like all of my gear), and have not had any issues with it until now. Recently, when I turn it on the output is really low. I have to crank the master volume to get decent volume. Gradually over a few minutes the full power seems comes back and I can turn the master back down where it belongs.

I used to run it with gain at 12:00, master at around 10-11:00, and that was plenty loud. With the current issue I need to have the master at like 3:00 (or more) to get to that volume, until eventually the power "comes back" and I can lower the master.

I've tried it with several basses (upright and electric), and have unplugged the internal speaker and just run an external speaker. Still had this issue which leads me to believe that it is definitely a problem with the head. (It's the "Combo Head II").

I'm thinking about just making this my practice rig and retiring it for gigs, unless there might be a cheap or simple fix. Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Take it to a good shop and have a tech check it out.
    What you describe sounds like the power section may have a weak
    component that needs to warm up before coming up to full power.
    Mark Bass is pricey stuff, worth fixin.

3. Bobbylon

Bobbylon

Dec 17, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    Thanks. I might end up doing that, I just don't want to spend a lot of money since I have a couple other rigs that I could use for gigs instead...

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 22, 2021