1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass 2x10 Combo Which Ext Cab to Add?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by imandan, Sep 14, 2008.

1. imandan

imandan

Apr 30, 2006
    New Jersey
    Just bought the Markbass 102p combo amp and I absolutely love it. I realize however that for certain rooms I will need an extension cabinet. I am considering either the Markbass 1x12 or 1x15 cab. Does anyone have any thoughts on either choice, and does anyone run either setup?
    Thanks.

2. I prefer the Markbass 115 - I just like the lows of a 15. I am running it biamped with the Markbass 2x10. Haven't tried with a combo though.

3. my friend has the 210 combo with the 210 extension and it sounds good

4. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I also have the 210 combo. I paired mine with the Traveler 115. I went with the Traveler because of it's light weight. I figured that if I'm downsizing from my rack system, I might as well try to keep everything as light as possible. IMHO, this configuration sounds real good; and it really is easy to lug around.

100_0904.

5. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    Nice setup. Two tens and a 15 always sound good together. You get the punch from the tens and the deep stuff from the 15.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    210/115=classic

7. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I ran an Avatar B212 Neo with my MB 102P and it complemented very well.

8. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Get the MB 151 HR

9. Hey Jeff -

I see you got the Traveler 15.... Did you try the HF or Standard? Just wondering if there is significant difference in low end with those over the traveler?

I'm all about the lightweight too, looking to trade in my SVT3 Rack and 410HLF later this week....