1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass 4x10 smaller replacement

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Harrisonchristo, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Harrisonchristo

Harrisonchristo

Feb 5, 2014
    Hello all,

I have a markbass 4x10 that I love but it's too big.

I'm looking for a similar sound, less schlep.

Any thoughts? I'm open to all cabs. I double on upright. I have a little ai combo that I love for upright only stuff.

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    How about a vertical 2X12? Bergantino CN212. It's a super easy schlep.

Fuzzbass likes this.
  3. Harrisonchristo

Harrisonchristo

Feb 5, 2014
    I will google it. I use to have berg 110s and should have never sold them

4. Harrisonchristo

Harrisonchristo

Feb 5, 2014
    Googled it. Looks sweet. At 39lbs, it's still pretty similar weight. Ill scope the 112.

5. marmadaddy

marmadaddy

Oct 17, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    I have a couple of Markbass 4x6 cabs that I love. 4x10 sound and they can be carried with one hand. They're out of production but I've seen them available used.

6. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    CN212 is 46lbs I believe. Assuming you've got a 104HF that's a solid 20lbs less. I also have a Berg AE212 which is about 10lbs more than the CN212. It's not a huge difference but it is noticeable.

The handles are also placed more towards the top of the cab so when you're walking with it it doesn't hit you in the knees. It can be a one handed grab for me depending on how far I need to carry it.

7. Harrisonchristo

Harrisonchristo

Feb 5, 2014
    The markbass site says the 4x10 is 56lbs

The 804 is 47lbs

The 604 is 33lbs. I'm into that. Now can I get one somewhere? Is there something similar?

8. Harrisonchristo

Harrisonchristo

Feb 5, 2014
    Anybody? Do you know of something similar? Big sound, sub 40lbs, works for 5 string e bass and upright ?

Good drummers, if it's a bigger venue I have sound support

9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I thought that Markbass 4x10 was small?! 56lbs? Hell, my old Genz Benz is 90lbs. I'd gladly take that Markbass cab!

10. Great cab, but very different sound, or so I've been led to believe here.

11. el murdoque

el murdoque

Mar 10, 2013
    Germany
    i've never been able to check out the mark 410 in band context but it felt loud when i tested it. Are you willing to sacrifice some of the total volume ?
    A vertical 212 like the tecamp are much easier to schlep due to the different angles in which you can bend yourself around when carrying it.
    My aggie 212's are easy to handle even though they are really heavy.
    How about a fEARful cab?

12. Harrisonchristo

Harrisonchristo

Feb 5, 2014
    So, I'm willing to sacrifice volume for sure. A 2x10 would be enough volume.

The schlep of the 4x10 is amazing. I mean, I used to have an Aguilar 4x10 and it was impossible to move.

I play upright and electric, so that's half of my toyota matrix and my back strength right there.

The 6 and 8 inch speaker cabs really interest me. Anyone know more about these and good prices?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014