1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MarkBass 604 cab anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dragan, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Dragan

Dragan

Oct 5, 2009
    Hi,
    anyone has this cab and spent some time with it? Does the 6 inch speakers deliver on stage?
    Cheers!!!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    A 4x6 cab is pretty small, and won't be anywhere near as loud as the average 4x10.

3. Dragan

Dragan

Oct 5, 2009
    yup,your math is correct,but then I am interested in Mark Bass 604 cabinet users experiences , I am not thinking between 4x6 or 4x10.

pogue49 likes this.
  4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Right, but your question is will this cab deliver on stage. The answer is, it won't be as much volume as a larger cab, so your requirements for stage volume is key. Only you know how loud you need to be. For most of us, this cab would not be enough.

5. I have this cab and I really enjoy it. It's not designed for big stages anyway but rather small venues' gigs and studios. Is serves its purpose well. But if you put a 15" speaker under it this would be quite powerfull package for mid size stages also.

6. And its LOUD. Yes it may lack some low end but it may be ridiculously loud with its 600 Watt RMS...

7. Dragan

Dragan

Oct 5, 2009
    thanx Anton.

8. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Northfield, Ohio
    I recently sold a pair of the 604's as I wanted to try the TC212. I am really into the TC but the 604's were great. Plenty loud with a big full sound. At 18" square it is an amazing cab. In small clubs I would use one but after awhile the pair sounded way better. Give it a try.

9. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    If it weren't for the rat fur I would have a pair of them. The one I tried sound incredible, and from such a small package, too.

10. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I wonder why Markbass discontinued these.

11. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Probably couldn't keep up with demand? ;) ;) :D :bag:

12. Dragan

Dragan

Oct 5, 2009
    I had TC 212, good cab,but big and heavy.
    I'll probably skip MB 604, after all...

13. Freddels

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    The 804 is still in production. You might like that one.

14. I have many MarkBass cabs. The 604 is not my favorite.
    I currently use this in my living room with a GK MB-200. Works great there....

15. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Northfield, Ohio
    I should have clarified that its the 4ohm composite Thunderchild 212. It comes in under 40lbs and has a smaller footprint than the two 604's that I had. As I mentioned previously the 604's are great cabs but they might be hard to find. I would also like to mention that I have used the 604's at some larger venues like festivals or larger clubs and they were fine. We always have pa support at those types of gigs but I never had any issues. Just my opinion.

16. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
  17. Freddels

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Here's the 804. Pretty nice sounding cab.

18. DrewFolkadelics

DrewFolkadelics Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2012
    NY
    I gig with two of these and an 800RB. It can cover any type of show since once a stage is too big for them there is almost always adequate monitor support. Loud, low (I play 5) and responsive. I literally had almost the whole ampeg arsenal (810, 2x 210av, 115, 410hlf) and sold all of it once I got these. I think they are the best mix of portability and actual usefulness being pushed for volume. They don't get as low as the 810 or 410hlf, but it tightened up my tone by eliminating some onstage boom by switching. Lastly, they seem to hold their value since they are discontinued but I'm scared of the day that a speaker breaks...

19. Janis K.

Janis K.

Sep 17, 2006
    Germany
  20. DrewFolkadelics

DrewFolkadelics Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2012
    NY