1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Markbass ... a possible crossroad

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by scowboy, Mar 31, 2009.

1. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Sacramento area
    Well I have spent the last 40 or so days with my LMII and my Traveler 102P cabinet and then a Traveler 151P cabinet. The Traveler 151P is going back to Musicians Friend today for a refund because I just don't think it brings much to the table in volume or anything else.

I like my LMII as much as the next guy about 95% of the time the other 5% I wish it was more powerful. I use the LMII and Traveler 102P at least once a week in a worship setting and it really sounds like a million bucks! Again the 15" cab brought nothing to the table. I play in an informal band with 3 guitars 1 to 2 times per month and the 2x10" and the 15" just do not have enough poop to keep up and I am always pushing the rig right to the stops.

With those constraints in mind here is what I am thinking and throwing out to the masses for opinions:

1. Keep the LMII and the Traveler 102P and continue to use for worship because its portable and works great.

2. Above plus add a 4 ohm Avatar 4x10 to play with the 3 guitar band or any other louder gigs. The Avatar would not be used with the Traveler because of the 4 ohm.

3. Buy another Traveler 102P and use it with my other one for the 3 guitar band. Keep in mind I love the tone sound of the Traveler 102P but I also realistically do no think it would produce enough volume for a 3 guitar band. Anyone chime in here I am attracted to the modularity of this scenario.

4. Buy a used Markbass 4x10 4 ohm. Cash being a huge consideration prevents me from this becuase I'd probably need to sell the Traveler 102P to fund the difference. Plus I end up with one large cab and no smaller cab for worship.

5. Buy another rig all together. I resisted the Markbass stuff for a long time because as stupid as this sounds I do not care for the yellow/gold accents. Now that I have it I am not looking forward to dealing with any potential repairs later on down the road. I am open to selling it all and getting something else if it was a great value. I had Eden before MB and liked it for the most part but I cannot see buying a non-Neo cabinet ever again.

I play a Warwick 5 string $$ and a Fender Jazz. All finger style all the time.

2. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    Avatar 410 - grab that and keep the rest. No need to spend a whole bunch of money.

Repairing Markbass amp in the future? Did I read that correctly?