1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Markbass amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tlhorne, Apr 6, 2009.

1. tlhorne

tlhorne

Feb 7, 2009
    Ohio
    Does anyone use a Markbass rig? If so what is your overall opinion?:eyebrow:

2. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    Try a search for this one, there are tons of Markbass threads. MB has quite a following here.

3. dezspet

dezspet

Mar 21, 2007
    Hungary
    Markbass and Aguilar. These are the best amps on the market today.
    I use the TA 503 with the HR 104 cab. A lot of mid punch, great headroom, loud, very dynamic and beautifull tone. And versatile. Less than 30 kg in total. The TA 503 is the ultimate head on MB's list. Tube pre + the famous filters. The best you can get. The only thing I want even more is the DB750 from aguilar with a DB 410. But it's more expensive and heavier as well.

4. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Yes, and very high:cool:

Assuming your post isn't meant as a joke (not sure what your 'frowny face' emoticon implies), I'd highly recommend a search. You will find thousands of posts and dozens of threads on the MB stuff.:)

5. tlhorne

tlhorne

Feb 7, 2009
    Ohio
    actually, no joke, I own a 2x10, 500watt combo with the 15" cab underneath. The face is a "raised eyebrow" implying that I was really interested in everyone's reply! Tom:cool:

6. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    Markbass is the ****
    I have a CMD 102P and it never stops impressing me.

7. xsubs

xsubs Working Class Hero Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2007
    NYC & Corcaigh, √Čire
    Endorsing Artist: Hiwatt Amplification & Rotosound Strings
    Be careful with that statement... "best" is highly subjective! :scowl:

8. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Markbass? Never heard of it. ;)

9. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    MarkBass is fantastic.

Many players here are very happy with their LMII... as am I. Go down to your local GC and dont trust our opinions, but your own ears. :cool:

10. MoEllis

MoEllis

Sep 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I have a traveler 2x10 and LMII and LOVE IT!! i need to get a traveler 4x10 for bigger club gigs though...

11. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I may be one of only a handful of members here who really has no love for Markbass products. To be fair, I've only tried the LM2 with a Markbass 2x10, so my expirience is trivial at best. Nonetheless, I was not impressed at all. The yellowness only further puts me off.

12. MoEllis

MoEllis

Sep 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I know what you mean.. it took me a year to figure out how to get the right sound out of MB amps.. the first time i played through them i was highly disappointed. You definitely have to turn the
    knobs just right.. :bassist:

13. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It's all good. I'm happy with what I've got, and if I ever needed something else, the market is chock full of great bass amps.

14. MoEllis

MoEllis

Sep 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I feel you on that one!

15. ZonGuy

ZonGuy

Sep 2, 2007
    Nothing comes between me and my LMII (except a instrument cable)

16. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    Absolutely love my Markbass SD800. Fantastic amp. I haven't thought about or looked at another amp since I bought it.

17. bearshimmy

bearshimmy

Feb 14, 2005
    I love my LMII

sounds great, it's very small and lightweight, and I don't have to deal with finicky tubes.

18. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    What is this MarkBass you speak of?

19. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Loved my LM II, now loving my F1 and have always really loved my Minimark. :)

20. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    There certainly are many here who love the Markbass stuff. I wouldnt mind having one for the extreme lightness of it all. The LMII seem to be the most popular and are the least exspensive IIRC if there is any corilation. I think I'd rather have one of the TA 501's. I believe it is the one with the Tube Compressor.

Unfortunately for me I need more Power (for my taste) than the MB stuff can Produce so I went another direction with my Rig. I may pickup one of the MB Heads before it's over with though just to have a little Grab and Go extreme light head to go with either of my extremely light SWR Golight Cabs.