Markbass and Mesa Boogie 4x10's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by theshadow2001, Jan 24, 2006.

1. theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    So I'm not sure what to do. I have an M pulse 600. I need to get a 4x10 cabinet to get the full 600 watts out of this things and I need to do it soon.

Our drummer works in a shop that sells mark bass gear. He highly recommends these cabinets and says all these nice things about the markbass 4x10. I was going to get a mesa boogie powerhouse 4x10 it seems that it would go very nicely with my m pulse I've tried the m pulse when I originally bought it with a powerhouse and thats what I liked. However the mark bass would work out maybe €400 or €500 cheaper than the mesa.

The problem being I wont get to try the markbass because we live so far apart and it's been so long since I've tried the powerhouse that even if I did give the markbass a go I couldn't make much of a comparison.

I trust this guys judgement and I'm sure markbass make fine(and light!) cabs.

I don't like these versus threads but Im in a dilema here. Any thoughts?
  2. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Dunno. I'd play it safe and go for the Mesa..
  3. FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Mesa cabs are really good, but at 96 lbs., the Powerhouse 4x10 is a back-breaker.
  4. Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    Markbass 410s from my understanding only come in an 8ohm version...

so you wont get the 4ohm load for full power out of the mpulse...
  5. kasbrey

Aug 23, 2002
    Northampton UK
    I replaced my Eden 410XLT with a Markbass STD 2X10 HF and the Traveller 2x10. This way I get the full 500w into 4ohms.

This is the best sounding rig I have heard IMO, plus I have the flexibility of using just one of the cabs (which are incredibly loud by themselves). For most gigs I only need to take the 33lb Traveller cab. Markbass is the way forward !