1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RHCP250, Mar 31, 2009.

1. RHCP250

RHCP250

Nov 24, 2008
    After much testing, I've decided I want the Little Mark II for my bass head. I'll be playing a lot of indoor shows, but this summer, I plan on playing a few outdoor shows. I have a 220 watt BA115HPT right now, and it is plenty loud. The LMII has more than enough power for the places I'll be playing. Now I have two questions. First, how do Markbass cabs sound? Or what would you compare them to? Also, would you go with a 4x10 at 4ohms, and use that, or go with a 4x10 at 8ohms, and add an 8ohm 1x15?

2. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    I have a 102p combo and I have to say I like the attached cab.
    I've been messing with the idea of adding an extension tried a few out and really liked the 210, 115 and 410. Right now it's between the 410 and the 15.
    They seem to have a little more punch and sound a little clearer than the GKs I tried next to them, and didn't have the "Ampeg" sound.

whether you want 1 or 2 cabs is up to you. Personally I can get by with just the 210 (8ohm) since every place has a PA now and I only need it for a monitor. But I always go for 8ohm cabs for variety.

3. skeptikal

skeptikal

Jan 24, 2008
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've got the 121P combo and I love how it sounds. It really lets the sound of your bass shine through.

4. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    I think that's what I like about them too, you hear you and your bass out of it nothing more.

5. RHCP250

RHCP250

Nov 24, 2008
    Sounds like these are the cabs for me then. I like to change up my sound by switching between basses, and it seems like Markbass will make that happen better than anyone else. I think I'll go with the 2 cabs idea after thinking about it, though I'll have to wait a little longer to get the second one.