1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Markbass CL104 Classic 410 Cabinet

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Bassbwithu, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bassbwithu

Bassbwithu Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2004
    McKinney, TX
    Hi all~

Selling my rare and discontinued Markbass CL104 4x10 Speaker Cabinet. The Markbass Classic series are THE Markbass cabinets to have. Sealed enclosures add that vintage rolloff that really helps bass sit in a mix. If you're looking for a vintage ampeg tone without the weight, this is it. Plus the 8 ohm impedence lets you add a cabinet. I've run this with an Ampeg 410HE, and it was nirvana. The other cool thing about the cab is that when the tweeter switch is off, the drivers go all the way up to 6k. Perfect smooth and clear top end without the junk that tweeters can add. But the cab will go to 20K with the tweeter engaged for slappers that really want to cut through. This is one of my favorite all time cabs, but I want a larger 4 ohm cabinet because most of the time I don't have the space to run two cabinets, and my SVT won't do 8 ohms :-/. Local sale preferred. Cabinet is in great shape with only a few minor scuffs. I'll listen to trades, but cash is best.

$600 shipped, $550 local in Frisco, TX (DFW area)

SPEAKER SIZE
    4x10"
    TWEETER
    Defeatable 1" compression driver with custom horn
    POWER HANDLING (AES STANDARD)
    600W RMS
    CROSSOVER FREQUENCY
    3.5 kHz
    FREQUENCY RESPONSE
    50 Hz to 20 kHz (to 6 kHz with horn "off")
    SENSITIVITY
    100 dB SPL
    IMPEDANCE
    8 ohms
    REFLEX
    None
    WEIGHT
    60.85 lbs. / 27,6 kg
    WIDTH
    23.03" / 58.5 cm
    HEIGHT
    29.80" / 75.7 cm
    DEPTH
    18.58" / 47.2 cm

The old standard was a worthy inspiration. But this new revolution in rock bass honors the tradition, then takes it a bold step forward. The new Classic line of closed cabinets (with no bass ports) features new-school 10? B&C neodymium woofers, custom-designed for these cabinets. The cloth grille and black speakers give a nod to the forefathers, but the tone will remind you that timeless doesn?t just mean old--it means past, present and future! Cabinets don?t have to be heavy to sound heavy; and the only refrigerator you own should be at home keeping your beer cold! Your cabinet should be light enough for you to schlep yourself... So lighten your load, not your sound, and get timeless tone from a cabinet that has a longer life expectancy than you.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Bassbwithu

Mar 18, 2004
    McKinney, TX
    More pics

Attached Files:

3. Bassbwithu

Mar 18, 2004
    McKinney, TX
    one more attachment in my thread..

need some bread

Attached Files:

4. cabcreaser

cabcreaser Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    Great cab! It is a very manageable weight and it sounds fantastic. I'm usually not a big markbass fan, but this cab surprised me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.