Markbass classic 152 SH

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Abrian chavez, Aug 6, 2019.

1. This is easily the best 215 cab on the market. Very focused lows. Very articulate and warm. Anyone else have one? C27CF59A-36E1-4A1A-A973-B24334B1ACD5.jpeg
    267B1A60-B2C6-4B2F-B7F0-3C5E8D63E822.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. kevinpmajka

kevinpmajka Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Phoenix
    Can you geek out and go more into detail?

How do you feel about running it by itself? I'm considering the Casa head and am interested in this one since it appears the Casa 104 is not coming out anytime soon in the US. I'm not buying a 8x10....

I play country/Americana, Blues, folk and more. I'm interested in a head / cab for

How do you find the size weight for moving it around? I know the weight - I'm asking how does it handle for that size?

Abrian chavez likes this.
  3. Clark W

Clark W Just Say No To Tort! Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    So it's been 3 months since you posted about getting this cab. How has your experience with it been so far?

Abrian chavez likes this.
  4. Just saw this and the last message I never saw pop up as a notification so I apologize for the late response to the first comment.

I have gigged it a couple of times since it is my cab for larger shows and outdoor events. I have another show coming up where I get the chance to use it.
    Playing outdoors with this cab through the bergantino B|amp was great. Really present In the mix on stage. Lows are tight and creamy with my Stingray special 5H that has EB cobalt flats. The tweeter control I left at 12 o clock. The tweeter control being on the side is great and goes to -inf so it does shut off.
    I play in a metal band and will test it out this month with my MTD KZ5 in G standard tuning. 2 steps down. I’ve ran through it in this tuning at home. It can Handle a low G with clarity and not muddy like many other Markbass cabs I have played through. Quickly, it has become my favorite large cab over a 410 and 212. Pairing 2 115 cabs in comparison I found it to have much deeper lows as expected from a cab with more than one speaker. Rich low mids. The highs sound crisp and never harsh no matter how hard I hit the strings. But that has a lot to do with the bergantino head.
    Paired it with an SWR working pro 700 as well. Very focused and the voicing of the cab really comes through any head powering it. The handles are placed in a great spot making it easy to transport. Feels lighter than the factory weight listed. I will have to weigh it at some point soon and give numbers.

kevinpmajka and Clark W like this.
  5. Clark W

Clark W Just Say No To Tort! Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Really appreciate the fast response and detailed info. Looking forward to your next report.

I have my eye on one, and for the price I don't think it can really be beat. I've looked at Mesa, GK, Eden, Ashdown, and Barefaced. Currently running through a GK MB210-II, which is more than enough for most bars, and then some, need a little more, throw another 8ohm 210 cab to it and open up the 4ohm side of things. But... We never can have enough. 10s are great, but I really want to go 12s or 15s. And I'm itching to break some windows.

I play mostly rock, alternative, with some country thrown into the mix every now and then. My real love as far as playing is some 60s, mostly 70s rock, then 90s stuff with a touch of 80s and 2000s after that.

As far as tuning I occasionally tune to D and C, most of the time though I'm set at half step down.

As far as heads I've had my eye on the Bergantino stuff as well. But have been all over the place there looking too, Mesa, GK, Ashdown, Eden, & Markbass all are in the running right now.

kevinpmajka likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021