1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Markbass Club 151 experience

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Russell L, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    I'm asking this again in case anyone has had any experience with this cab. I'll have the money in three weeks, and need an extension cab to go along with my Traveler 151P cab and Little Mark III head. I know I can get another 151P cab for $100 less, but the Club's 33 lbs. is enticing me (as opposed to the Traveler's 44.75 lbs). Plus it can tilt back. However, I'm worried that it won't handle the lows as well, or won't be as robust as the Traveler, even though it costs more. It's just an idea. If it performs as well as the Traveler it might be a better grab-n-go cab when I only need one. Or should I just stick with getting another Traveler 151P? I'm getting SOMETHING, that's for sure!

Anyone at all? Thanks.

2. snowtraveler65

snowtraveler65

Feb 8, 2011
    Yeah, I'm interested in the club 151 also. Actually thinking of getting two and amping them with a MB F-500. Any input would be appreciated.

3. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    Well, I chickened out and ordered another Traveler 151P, but I'd still like to hear if anyone has tried the Club 151. I woulda gotten one of them from the get-go if I had known the Traveler weighed nearly 45 lbs. At this point I would be running two Clubs. I'm curious how they really sound.

4. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Too late now, but I would much prefer the Club 151. My reason has to do with the Markbass piezo tweeters, not a fan.

5. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    I hear ya. But, I'm running flats and going for an old-school sound anyway, so I'm not necessarily needing a tweeter at all. I agree, though, that the piezos are not very good. I played if safe on my order, just in case the Club didn't sound as deep as my Traveler. Plus, it looked like the rubber feet on the Club were not going to be spaced right for stacking on my Traveler. At least now I'll have a rig that looks best, being as the cabs will be a perfect match.

6. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Eliminating the tweeter and matching up the cabs sounds like a plan. Enjoy!