1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Markbass CMD 102P Extension Cab? Advice Please...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jfoughe, Apr 29, 2009.

1. jfoughe

jfoughe

Apr 29, 2009
    Hello,
    I've got a CMD 102P with a Fender Jazz Custom Classic and am very happy with the sound I've got. I am, however, looking for an extension cab for louder gigs. I like the Markbass Traveler 102 cabs, but what's the difference between a rear-ported cab and a front-ported cab? I remember reading somewhere that most players match a rear with a front, but I really have no idea.

I'm also looking at the 15" Traveler as I'm looking for deep lows, something to shake my feet. If I add another 2x10, will I get more punch and overall loudness but not sub-tones? Conversely, will the 15 simply add low end to the combo? I'd like to keep the punch and clarity of the combo, while adding more volume and more low end.

2. I'll watch this one as I have the same rig and am also looking at cabs to achieve the same objective :D

3. jfoughe

jfoughe

Apr 29, 2009
    It's really late, but for those who were interested, I ended up going with the Traveler 151p and am very happy with the results.