1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Markbass CMD 102P

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassilusk, Jan 22, 2012.

1. bassilusk

bassilusk

Jan 21, 2012
    Hello!

I'm a a beginner in this community and it takes som time to tap in to your ways, but I have a question about the Markbass CMD 102p. I have just bought a used one and Im wondering if anybody have experiences about how well it last. I mean, should I expect problems or are there good oportunities for a long lasting amp friend. I appreciate if you could give me some hints!

2. dllcalli

dllcalli

Nov 13, 2011
    Well I am a drummer and my bass player has used his for 4 yrs. my daughter has the same combo and I got it for her because I did research and have listened and seen amps come and go. This amp is solid and sounds great. It pushes the air, for me I love to hear the bass when I play and a lot of amp will fart out as I call it while playing trying to keep up. I know some drummers don't like the bass loud. I am not 1 of those drummers. That little combo is the business, enjoy !

3. 2400

Sep 4, 2009
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I have one of these since 2006. It's never let me down in any way. I've used it for both practice and gigging and it sounds great everywhere. You can use it quiet for rehearsals, or full-on uber loud for open air no-PA gigging. This thing's great. I use a Tech 21 VT-Bass pre-amp to shape the tone further and drive the MarkBass' pre-amp harder. (I run it through the input, not the effects return). That's completely optional, as the built-in EQ and filters work miracles on any tone.

Satisfied!

4. bassilusk

bassilusk

Jan 21, 2012
    Thanks for your comments. We had a gig yesterday and everybody in the band were very pleased with the sound. I'll look in to preamps later. Right now Im Satisfied as it is :)

5. 88persuader

88persuader

Aug 5, 2007
    I bought a Markbass CMD102P a month ago and this past weekend played my 3rd gig with it. I've always played with heavy 4X10 cabs and at least 800 WT heads and I have to say that this amp for it's size, power (only 300 WTS to the internal 2X10s) and weight (44 LBS) is simply amazing. It simply shouldn't sound as big as it does. IMO it's the perfect gigging bass player's combo amp. The only downside is it's expensive but IMO you get what you pay for ... at least in this case. I'm THRILLED to have an amp that performs as good as this does and only weights 44 lbs and fits in the back seat of any car ... simply amazing.