1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass CMD 121P Combo - Talk me out of it

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WoodyG3, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
  2. Well, I've been using the Mark CMD 121P for about a year now and it has played with everything from Jazz trios to 18 piece big bands, and I have never had any problems with volume or sound being lacking. It's a fantastic amp and well worth every penny.

The only time when it hasn't seemed up to the task is with the heavy rock outfit I play with (but they are extremely loud!) It's just about loud enough to do even that task, but it does feel close to its limit, and it starts to lack the punch of my other amp (Trace Elliot GP12 SMX) - but the Trace is about a million times heavier...

If you're going to buy one of the little Mark amps I believe the fold up wedge thing is a worthwhile investment so you can angle the sound up.