1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MarkBass CMD 121p

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 4OnTheFloor, Aug 6, 2012.

1. I did a couple searches with no results. I was wondering what changed in the MB CMD121p combo when they added the Line Out volume knob. I read that they added a pre/post switch for the line out, but did anything else change? I know there has been a bit of a trend to add a compressor in the lower frequency range to better handle power at higher volumes, which in my mind the MB is a perfect canditate. If this was added, is there really a significant change in power handling, or is it something the EQ knob can handle?

2. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    In my humble opinion, the less changes to the 121P the better. Plus, knowing Markbass, the more features, the more they'll have to charge for an allready expensive combo.

From my experience the output from the di is fine without the control. I've never had an issue with any sound company.
    The pre/post switch has been a nonissue for me since you can't separate the pre and power amps. Doesn't matter where the switch is. And since Markbass is just using their standard LMII head in the combo, they'd have to make the changes on that head, not just the combo. Also, I just don't see any room on that head for another knob!

Inspite of using the cheapest LeSon Piezo on the market, the 121P is a gem. I haven't found anything close to it at that size and weight. I often use a little stomp box eq with it to shape the sound a little more. And if you can put it near a wall, you can get more extension on the low end.

3. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    I don't think anything else changed.