1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MarkBass CMD 121P

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hernameisrio, Mar 17, 2013.

1. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

Sep 27, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    So I finally plunked down a couple of GC gift cards and some hard-earned cash to get a used MarkBass CMD 121P, as per my bass teacher's recommendation for a small, light, loud amp. I got it for $600 used! I'm excited, but I still need to figure out how to transport it. 30 pounds is still about twice what I can handle with one hand (yes, I tested this out with a big container of cat litter! Haha). So do they make a rolling case for it, or should I just use my cart...? Any ideas?

2. Maybe some weight training? 15lbs per hand isn't very much haha

3. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

Sep 27, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    It is if you're a 95-lb girl...?

4. Get the NY-112 extension cab, you'll Thank me later ;-)

5. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

Sep 27, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    Carrying your bass as well? And your purse? Uphill in the snow? For seven avenue blocks? On your period? After working all day and all the computers were broken? And you have allergies? Like that episode of Family Guy where Stewie's making fun of Brian and his voice keeps getting progressively higher?

DanGR likes this.
  6. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

Sep 27, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    What?! I haven't even picked up the amp yet, now I have to extend it? Of what speaketh thou???

7. mitchjonbass

mitchjonbass Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Hudson,WI
    I have the same amp along with the NY121 cab and I use a small folding handtrucks to cart mine around..you can get them at Home Depot, Lowes etc.

8. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

Remember luggage carts? That is what I use for my 121p and the extension speaker. I have one of the heavy duty metal ones.

9. m0ranwad

m0ranwad

Jan 29, 2013
    Got to play a couple songs at a gig last night, and I plugged my cheap Ibanez into this amp. Couldn't believe the tone.

10. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Magna Cart is cool.

11. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Remin Kart-A-Bag another good choice. The Concorde II model would work for your needs.

12. Ok, so you're a chic. I have the CMD 102P and I just throw it up on my shoulder and carry on NBD. The CMD 121P is not that bad. Clean out your purse and get a smaller one or get a back pack throw the combo up on your shoulder it will be less awkward then letting it dangle from one arm. *** does your period have to do with anything? You might be worn out and fatigued in the begining, but it will only get easier day after day. Suck it up and stop whining:crying:rollno:. Do some pushups and some squats, it's good for you.:bassist:

13. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

Sep 27, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    Oh, I was just being facetious and throwing every single variable/excuse that I could out there all at once. In reality, it don't bother me none. I think if I could figure out a way to get it over my shoulder, that might be feasible. It's more just the idea of carrying it by the handle with one hand that gets me...just a little too heavy. Not to mention awkward.

I actually have a folding min-handtruck thing I got at Home Depot that I'll probably end up using. I think once I actually take a look at the darn thing, it'll be easier to figure out how to carry it...maybe I'm psyching myself out for nothing.

14. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
  15. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

Sep 27, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    I think MarkBass actually makes a cover for this amp. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

16. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

Sep 27, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    I NEED A BIG STRONG MAN TO CARRY MY BASS AMP! Apply within. :D

17. BassedInSpace

BassedInSpace

Oct 2, 2012
    Illinois
    A bag of kitty litter and a Markbass amp are not the same thing, the amp is designed to be easier to carry. Carry your bass case with one hand and carry the amp with your other hand to transport, you can do it, you're a bass player!

18. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I'm a firm believer in equality for women, so I would never insult you by offering to carry your gear.

:D

19. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

Sep 27, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    Ha ha! Thanks Jimmy! ;)

20. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Yup, Magnacart and a bungee or two. You could even put your bass on there...and BTW, the factory Markbass cover is very nice. Get one.