1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Markbass compressore settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LionOnBass, Sep 22, 2018.

1. LionOnBass

LionOnBass

Jul 10, 2018
    Germany
    I bought a compressore and it sounds great with the knobs at 12 o'clock.
    How should I set the attack and release knob to fine tune it a bit more?
    I slap a Fender USA P-Bass V.

Thank you!

2. geolikezik

geolikezik

Mar 13, 2016
    Switzerland
    I don’t own a Compressore but I would reply that it depends on what you want to achieve sonically. In case you haven’t yet done it, please refer to Compressor and Audio Gear FAQ

3. Solude

Solude

Sep 16, 2017
    As already mentioned it depends what you want to do about the default, no compressor sound. Do you want to accentuate the initial slap/pop or bring it in line with the post note ring.

LionOnBass likes this.
  4. LionOnBass

LionOnBass

Jul 10, 2018
    Germany
    I want to accentuate the slap and pops and make everything thicker sounding.
    I am not too sure about the release time . Attack is easy to dial in for me. If I set it too fast, it is less percussive.

5. Solude

Solude

Sep 16, 2017
    You would want a slow attack and slow release with a high ratio to crunch everything after the slap. Thick will have to be done in EQ. Should mention that by slow I mean long enough to crunch but not so long that it is still going when the next slap comes.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    LionOnBass likes this.
  6. Bassbeater

Bassbeater Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    I have that compressor. It's great. You just need to record and listen back, and change settings until you get a feel for the controls and effect. Took me a little while with this unit

LionOnBass likes this.