1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass Daisy Chain

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheRaven, Apr 3, 2018.

1. TheRaven

TheRaven

Mar 3, 2018
    IMG_20180401_175743.jpg

Hello. I recently purchased a Little Mark III and two NY121s. I've read that I can use the single Speakon output of the amp and then daisy chain the two amps together. Does it matter which Speakon plug is used as an input or output on the cabs? I've searched online and some manufacturers label theirs with an input and output, but there are no labels on these cabs, nor can I find a manual for them anywhere. I attached a photo of how I currently set them up.

2. I run my LMT800 & pair of 121 cabs the exact same way. I thought both jacks were wired so that either could be in or out. Not sure if that's called parallel or series.

Would it matter if you ran it this way, or 2 cables from the head (and each to their own cabinet)? Surely not....?

3. The way you set up is correct. You can use either SpeakOn on the cabinet for input or output. The cabinets are in parallel. If both of the cabinets are 8Ω then the amp will see a 4Ω load.

4. TheRaven

TheRaven

Mar 3, 2018
    Great, thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll feel confident playing it now.

5. Pedulla-Player

Pedulla-Player MM Bongo enthusiast (Yes - even it's looks) Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    How's this rig working out for you? I actually just ordered the same exact rig and it should show up early next week. It's good to know that I can connect both cabs instead of using the 1/4" jack on the amp as I prefer speakon connections.
    Thanks.

6. Yup, that’s the way to do it!

Pedulla-Player likes this.