MarkBass Discounting...What's The Latest??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lbwdog, Feb 19, 2010.

1. When I bought an LM II in '07 the price was the price. My local GC said their computer wouldn't allow them to input a discounted price (other than for special sales). However, mine was purchased two days after "Black Friday" and to the manager's surprise, it allowed him to discount it.

I think I want an LMTube now so curious as to the current policy.

2. Surely someone has bought one recently....

3. bump

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    i'll try but i don't know how accurate it is...there was a period where gc wasn't doing discounts and the price was the price. but then the economy tanked. very bad time to take a hardline policy like that.

5. puff father

puff father

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    LMII was $450 yesterday at GC. Clearance.

6. fish slapper

fish slapper

Nov 17, 2005
    Newberg, OR
    Yeah, got my F-1 on store clearance as well (demo model, no box). At my GC the Markbass stuff seems to go on sale regularly at the long weekend sales but otherwise, the price is the price.

7. I'm gonna try and buy an LMTube Monday, if my store gets one in and they deal with me on it.

8. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Was going to get a LMT on the President's Day sale (the 15% off would have brought it to about $595 from $699). I changed my mind when the tube didn't seem to do much in that amp. Ended up with a LMIII with the Markbass rack bag for $500 shipped.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021