1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MARKBASS Effects Pedal Help Please!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nhaight, Jan 4, 2012.

1. I dont know squat about pedals/effects other than i love how they sound and im only going to buy the best... so if i were to buy the mark bass distortion pedal HERE

would i still want to get the Tube compressor? HERE

I really like the sound the compressor gives, but the description says "Tube Drive level, and Mix of dry and distorted sounds give you incredible control over how much distortion you create.Since distorting bass frequencies can seriously muddy your low end sound, Markbass Distorsore pedal features a very practical filter for bass in the High Pass. It allows you to only distort the high frequencies. This keeps your sound tight and focused, no matter how distorted you get." so does this mean that it only compresses and cleans the signal when the distortion is on? or does it double as a compressor with the distortion off. like i said i dont know squat.

2. Also would anyone know if both these pedals alone, would fit on this mini pedal board, HERE

There were NO specifications so i cant figure it out online with out some help... Thanks TB'S!

3. BUMP... If im asking a stupid question dont be afraid to say so i just need answers. Thanks!

4. MattzBass

MattzBass

Dec 12, 2011
    Washington D.C
  5. Great videos i hadnt seen those thanks!

6. OK now that i have a better understanding id like to rephrase my question....
    Is the compression in the distortion pedal of equal quality to that of the compression pedal? And if so is there a way I can turn the distortion all the way down/off and just use the pedals compression feature?

7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I have not used the Distorsore, however:

The Compressore is a different compressor circuit altogether, so its tone and action will be different; plus the range of control provided by the Compressore is a big part of why it's good, and the Distorsore has only one knob for the compression.

The only safe and sensible things for you to do would be either try before you buy, or buy from a place with a good returns policy.

8. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I would think not.

To answer your question about whether the two of them will fit on that board, just look up the specs of the pedals to get the measurements...then find the specs of the board. They usually have this stuff on the manufactures site. At first glance I would say no. The MB pedals are almost 7" long...

9. Ya im torn cause i want the distortion for live shows and i want the compression for recording.

10. mattsdad

mattsdad

Oct 5, 2009
    Dude, try a modded ODB-3 and get the Markbass Compressore!!! You won't regret that compressor. It makes a huge difference! My sound is more smooth,punchy and even.