1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass/Epifani for practice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fLaT-fIfTh, Mar 17, 2010.

1. fLaT-fIfTh

fLaT-fIfTh

Dec 20, 2004
    Producer: GospelChops Inc.
    So I picked up a Epi UL210 (4ohms) and I have yet to buy the head for my practice setup. I have played thru the LMIII, which I really dig, but I'm very curious about the F500. I think it would be cool to have the extra shaping capabilities in the mids. Unfortunately, I can't find an F500 to play ANYWHERE.

Can the F500 produce the nice round bottom of the LMIII?

My sound is ultra-modern with lots of sizzle. Lately, my low and mid on my bass have been set flat with a slight bump in the highs. Should I go ahead with the F500 unheard? Anyone own/play both?

2. TBer Joeykun will have some feedback for you on this by the weekend, since he has an F500 on the way and uses EpiUL's and has an LMII.

I really, really love my F500 with my 410UL... a touch tighter and brighter than the LMII, a bit louder, and the ability to dial the low mids down a touch and boost a touch does punch up the widely voiced UL cabs IMO. It won't 'change your life' from your LMII, but the tighter voicing, the mute switch (even though it is a marginally designed master volume push/pull), the semi-parametric mids, and more fully featured DI (Edit: I see you have the LMIII, so you already have the better DI) are IMO worth the swamp... and its much smaller and somewhat lighter!

PM Joeykun to get some fresh input over the weekend.

I have a comparison of the F1 and LMII with my Berg cab on my youtube channel. That might be a little help hearing the difference between the LMII and F1 (identical to the F500 set flat).

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 5, 2020