1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass F1

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brandonb1525, Oct 25, 2013.

1. brandonb1525

brandonb1525

Jun 15, 2012
    I own a Markbass F1 bass head and I think I am having problems with it. When I am playing on the gig, i tend to lose power as the night goes on. I find myself turning the amp louder and louder as the night goes on. When I first turn it on, I hear the fan spinning and then it makes a churning noise off and on for about 2 minutes. Please help and let me know what I should do. This is a fantastic bass head and I would love to have it fixed. Thanks!

2. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    I haved owned this head, and , if you are running into 8 ohms, it does have a tendency to run out of head room pretty quickly when pushed. I don't know if the fan making noises would lead to overheating, but I would think the head would shut down before losing volume. When I owned it, I never noticed the fan at all, or the head getting hot. Is this what you are experiencing ?

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Are you sure it's not ear fatigue setting in instead?

I'd still check the fan, make sure its clean, etc.

4. +1

Could also be the speaker heating up too much.

5. brandonb1525

brandonb1525

Jun 15, 2012
    I'm running it through a markbass New York 504 cabinet.

6. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    Hmm. I see a 604 cab on their website, but no 504. If it's the 604, they list that cab at 8 ohms. If that's the case, I still say you are running out of headroom.

7. brandonb1525

brandonb1525

Jun 15, 2012

I have 604 sorry lol