1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass in Stuttgart

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rob Mancini, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    I will be going to Stuttgart in a week and a half, and I really want to try out some of the Markbass stuff that we can't get in the US. Are there any music stores in Stuttgart that carry Markbass and are easy to get to from the subway train that don't involve a 2-mile walk?

2. http://smile-music.de/shop_content.php?coID=402

That's a list of all the markbass dealers ("Händler" or "Stützpunkthändler") in Germany, unfortunately not a single one in Stuttgart (according to that list). I've never been to Stuttgart myself, so I'm afraid I have no further info.

3. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    Thanks caligula! Bummer there's nothing in Stuttgart. I don't know if I want to make a haul to Frankfurt to try stuff out but I guess that's the closest city, huh?

Oh well, maybe Peter Murray can arrange for the entire line to be brought over to the arena we're playing. That'll happen, I'm sure ;)

4. Stupid me. I've been to Stuttgart once, played the Schleyer-Halle (big indoor venue there) a couple of years ago.
    Here're some distances:
    Stuttgart - Fellbach (www.soundland.de) 25 min
    Stuttgart - Karlsruhe (www.rockshop.de) 1 h
    Stuttgart - Walldorf (www.session.de) 1:15 h
    Stuttgart - Mannheim (www.promusicmannheim.de) 1:40 h
    Stuttgart - Freiburg (www.ddd-music.de) 2:15 h
    Stuttgart - Frankfurt (www.musik-schmidt.de) 2:20 h

Don't know if they all carry the complete markbass line.

Cheers,
    your friendly tour guide:)

5. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    25 minutes isn't so bad...maybe I could arrange a trip to Fellbach. The Schleyer Halle is where we're playing. Played there a couple years ago too. Great crowd, but the show lasted over 6 hours...I don't know how those people take it!

EDIT: Went on Soundland's website. They have the Classic 300..2990 Euros, though. That's close to double what it will sell for in America ($2500)!

6. Peter Murray

Peter Murray Commercial User

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Artist Relations and Social Media Manager, Pigtronix and Supro
    Hey Rob,
    I'm in Frankfurt right now! It's nice over here, hope you have a great time.
    The full Markbass line will be available in the US in the next two months, so considering the expense for you here (the Euro is very strong against the US$ right now) I think it would be wise to wait to buy. hopefully you can try some stuff here though.
    Cheers,
    Peter

7. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    Peter, I am so glad to hear that about us finally getting the whole line. more than any amp on earth right now, I'm dying to try the Classic 300. Never heard a tube amp with KT88's in it for one, and if the tube amp is as good as the solid state stuff, Ampeg may end up in serious trouble, especially with their not-so-good track record of QC lately.

8. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    The classic 300 is so HUGE!!! I have never heard an all tube sound like this. Hot, fat and clear at the same time.