Markbass is killer!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by carlo3874, Jul 23, 2009.

1. carlo3874

carlo3874

Jan 25, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Hello,

I just played a couple of Markbass combos with a Warwick $$ @ guitar center and I was blown away. This had to be the phattest, thickest, monstrous low end I ever heard in my life.

I also downloaded the demo of the Mark Studio 1 plugin and was pretty impressed by that as well.

2. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    Amen!

3. Another Carlo here. I own 2 MB amp heads, the Little Mark II, and the F1. Love both of them.

Carlo T.

4. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Inactive Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    What sounds good in the store often doesn't sound good in the mix

Just sayin'....

5. lowend219

lowend219

Sep 17, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm GASing hard for a markbass rig. The bassist in the band after mine was using a 2 x10 combo the other night and it sounded really amazing. I went up to him afterward and told him how much I liked it, he said, "you think that's something? pick it up!" It weighed next to nothing. I NEED to get myself some of this gear.

6. Many people have reported the opposite, that is Markbass stuff not sounding good in the store but then killing on the gig.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Yep, that's Markbass' reputation. So if you like it at the store, you're halfway ahead of the game.

Me, I'd add a second 210 instead of a 15".

8. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area

A witch!!!! BUUUUURN!

9. FenderP

FenderP Supporting Member

May 7, 2005
    I didn't like the sound of any of the MB stuff I tried at GC. To each his/her own ...

10. I got the 151HR std 1x15" 1st 1x15 I've been able to easily lift with ONE HAND-one handle- & sounds great too.

11. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

Apr 13, 2004
    UK
    That's my experience, it always sounds terrible when I try it in a shop. Tried various : LMII, F1 etc

12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    I was talking more about the cabs than the heads, really. A lot of people really like the heads. But it's the cabs that people are most divided on.

13. Both the heads and their cabs are my cup of tea. Absolutely satisfied after 1 year of pretty constant gigging with them.