1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass Jeff Berlin ext. Speaker ?s

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lowbrow, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    Saving $$ and mulling amp upgrades for the coming year, and wonder about the external speaker handling capability of the Markbass Jeff Berlin combo.

Specifically:

* If keeping the internal speaker connected and adding an extension cab, what is the ideal cab ohm rating for the additional cab, and the resulting affect of the amp's power output when using an ideally rated cab.

* Is anybody running such a setup, and what are your experiences?

Thanks.

2. Harper

Harper

Nov 10, 2001
    Your only option would be an 8 ohm cab, as the internal speaker is also 8 ohm; this would give you a 4 ohm load, which is the lowest you can go with a Markbass head. This would give you 500 watts, opposed to the 300 the Berlin puts out "stock".

I just got my Berlin Cab this week, so I haven't had a chance to try it with an extension cab but I imagine it works great. I have a LMKII that I run with various 4 ohm cabinets and it sounds great. Good tone and plenty of volume.

3. +1 to running another 8 Ohm cab. I have the 12'' Markbass combo and I run an extension 2x10 8 Ohm cab. Works wonders :D

4. I can just hear that cab... It automatically gives you that hideous stero chorus automatically. Kinda like the Aaron Neville Megaphone! :p

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Thankfully, Jeff provides his own hideous stereo chorus. Welcome to 1983! But that Berlin combo is wonderful. I would have gotten it had the 12" combo not been easier to carry on a long walk (got quite a few on a regular basis).

6. :p

I have seen them, but no opportunities to try one yet.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021