1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass Little Mark II Rack Ears Project

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by ritterbass, Sep 18, 2008.

1. ritterbass

ritterbass

Oct 17, 2005
    Hey everyone, I'm just testing the waters to see who might be interested in some custom machine shop rack ears fitted to the LMK II. I have already done this project for myself and it turned out pretty well. Now I know many here would prolly be like "oh well I can do it myself as well in my kitchen and for cheaper etc" and if you can that’s awesome! The ears I would be making would be modeled off of the design in the picture(s) down below (which is the set I actually use). Now the ears pictured below are actually just a prototype...Guys this was my FIRST attempt at it! So you can be sure that what you are going to be getting if you go with me, wil be just that much better!

P8060428.

P8060429.

P8060427.

P8060426.

P8060425.

P8150395.

These ears would take up a 2U space on SKB/GATOR styled rack cases (unless specified otherwise). The ears would be made of higher-grade material than the ones Markbass has to offer and “look” more the part...Plus reduced wait time in availability if I do a batch of them at once to those people who decide to opt in. With regards to the pricing I’m going to be up front in that it's going to be more than the official Markbass rack ears. Anyways guys let me know if you are interested, pm me with any questions.... If I get enough interested within the next week-2weeks of this post, I could most likely do a batch of them. So spread the word and I’ll get started. Thank you for your time!

2. ritterbass

ritterbass

Oct 17, 2005
    Alright so I have decided to post a rough estimate on about how much the rack ears for the LMKII would cost. Now with time/materials/finish and shipping I'm going to quote roughly $65(for this particular head). Now I think thats fairly reasonable considering that it's a higher-grade product than what markbass is currently offering, it "looks" more the part and greater potential for reduced waiting time. Also if I get enough interest in this here, I will be more likely to include other heads ie the Markbass F1, the Genz-Bens shuttles, Mesa/Boogie Walkabout etc...Lastly the more I get interested in this, the more i could go that extra distance for you and customize the ears for you even more, meaning adding things like initials and fancy symbols etc. Anyways guys thats it for now let me know and lets get started!