1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MarkBass Little Mark II Settings ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by snaverb, Aug 17, 2007.

1. snaverb

snaverb

Feb 19, 2007
    Atlanta, Ga
    Would anyone like to share their settings on their LM2?

I've got mine sounding pretty good, but was wondering how others used their VPF and VLE knobs, and also the other settings...

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    So far I leave the VPF and VLE off and cut the high mids to about 10:00.

I need to spend more time with this amp, but I can see using the VLE at some point. Doubt I'll ever use the VPF much.

3. rok51

rok51 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    I start with the four band eq flat. That usually is it. I can get a great 'old school' sound by bringing the VLE up to between 8 and 9 o'clock...makes my GS112s sound like my old 2X15 cabs...no lie! On some tunes, I will tweek the VPF just a tad. Small adjustments work best, IMHO. Kinda like adding salt and pepper to a dish..."season to taste".

Kim

4. I've gigged with mine about 3 times since buying it, and each time I've had to change my settings because of the acoustics in each room were different. So I just need a little more gigging time to play with the settings. In one of the rooms, I had the VLE knob set at about 9:00 o'clock, and sounded real good. In the other rooms I had to turn the VLE off. I'll try and remember what the other settings where and get back to you. :bag: :D

5. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Just to confirm the terms:

VLE = Old school

VPF = scoop

Right?

Edit: okay fixed it

6. Ain't it the other way round? VLE = Vintage Loudspeaker emulator...Which essentially cuts the highs...VPF is the scooper I'm sure...

7. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    We can all give you the various settings we use, but unless you play like us and have the same speakers and basses as us, what's the point? Plus, as Roger Winkler found out, the settings will change depending on the venue and how loud you will be playing. Just something to think about. :)