1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Markbass littlemark 250 needs a cab.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by EricThyrgaard, Jul 30, 2012.

1. EricThyrgaard

EricThyrgaard

Nov 9, 2011
    Denmark
    hey, it's my first post here so i'd really appreciate your answers :)

well the case is as following, i've got myself this little mark 250 which i love, but i sold my old poor hartke transporter cabinets to upgrade and get something smaller. now i got a few options, and therefore questions:

is markbass littlemark 250 good with RS212/210, or should i change to the RH450 then? what is to prefer, 212 or 210?

Schroeder-cabinets, what are your thoughts about those?

last but not least i got an offer on a higher quality 410 cab. this is a 1000 watt Hartke Hydrive cab, weighing 29kg, which is only 5kg more than the rs212, and the previous owner switched the tweeter to a 5" midrange speaker.

I'd really appreciate some advice here, as I'm not that experienced, thank you :)!

sincerely, Eric Thyrgaard

Oh btw i'm playing a Sandberg PM5

2. MUSHROOMSeAcOw

MUSHROOMSeAcOw

Aug 1, 2010
    Georgia
    I went on a long cab shopping trip when I got my LMIII and tried out a whole range of cabs. Ampeg, GK, SWR, TC Electronic, and Hartke all got a say. But nothing quite captures the LM tone I fell in love with quite like the Markbass cabs. They were a little heavier than the GK cabs but blew all the Ampegs and SWRs out of the water. The tone is very thick, smooth, and mid-focused in a way that I couldn't dial in on any of the other cabs.

As far as the RS212/210, I'd say they'd bring you closest to the tone I'm after from the options you listed. They're very versatile and well-designed cabs. They handled the scoopy, airy sounds just as well as the warm mid-heavy stuff.

I was never impressed with the HyDrive cabs from Hartke, but it all depends on the sound you're after. The 410 with the midrange speaker sounds very interesting, If it's well done it might be well worth a shot.

What kind of tone are you after? Are you more concerned with loudness ina band setting or a great solo tone?

Also, welcome to TB :D

3. I like Eden cabs with my MarkBass heads.