1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass Littlemark II - Effects Loop; Parallel to Serial Switch or Blend

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Foamy, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    OK, the Markbass Littlemark II's effects loop is configured as parallel.

I want to run it in series (serial) for use with my compressor. This is done by setting a jumper. In it's current position, it is parallel. I can turn off the amp, move the jumper, and it will be serial.

It would be easy enough to add a toggle switch, but what about a blend pot?

My questions are:
    o With a switch, must the power be off when switching?
    o Is a blend pot feasible?
    o Would Markbass have a problem with this with
    regards to the warranty?
    o Is this a stupid idea?

Thanks all!

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    1) No, I don't think the power would have to be off, but you would want to add a pull-down resistor to the switch in order to reduce the loud "pop" of the switch.

2) I was just checking out the block diagram in the manual, and it looks like a pot is feasible. It's just a block diagram, though, not a schematic, so I'm not positive. Based on the diagram, you would be connecting the pot just before the op-amp (triangle) that has "jumper parallel" written next to it. The two relevant legs of the pot would connect to the two "arrows" leading into that op-amp.

3) I feel certain it would negate the warranty unless you had them do it in-house.

4) Doesn't sound stupid at all to me, except for the warranty part.

3. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    Thanks! I just did now send off a mess to their support folks about the warranty part. If I go forward with this, I think a switch would be enough for me - not sure I really need to blend, it was just a thought you (or someone else) triggered in my other thread. But I still may - it depends on what they come back with. :)