1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Markbass LittleMark II + GK cabs = good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Musicfreak1988, May 8, 2005.

1. Musicfreak1988

Musicfreak1988

Feb 2, 2005
    Belgium
    Just a short question: I was wondering if combining the MarkBass LittleMark II head (500 W @ 4 Ohms) with a GK 115SBX (400W @ 8 Ohms) and a GK 410SBX (400W @ 8 Ohms) is a good idea... I'm working with a 240W combo now and when practicing with the band, I have to compete with the 100W full tube head of my guitar player... I mainly play funk, pop and rock with a Musicman Stingray. Experience or opinions anyone? Thanks, sam.

2. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    Great set up!

If I were you, I would get markbass cabs too. Neodynium is great, and they sound very well.

3. I just bought the last original Little Mark from GAK in Brighton, and trust me, that thing is loud. Rock you like a mother. I can't vouch for it against a 100W guitar tube amp (I've only had it since yesterday!), but the volume with only one 410 is pretty beefy. I imagine you'll be able to match your guitarist with 2 cabs. I can't vouch for the cabs of course, but the head is a great idea.

4. Texx

Texx

Sep 10, 2004
    Germany
    I use the old LITTLE MARK with a Markbas Traveller 210 and it´s damn loud. Had no problems even on big stages so far.

5. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I use a Little Mark with an an 8 ohm SWR rear ported 1-15. It is loud, punchy and versatile. Effective eq to find your sound. And, it' very portable.