Markbass LittleMark II + GK cabs = good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Musicfreak1988, May 8, 2005.

1. Musicfreak1988

Feb 2, 2005
    Just a short question: I was wondering if combining the MarkBass LittleMark II head (500 W @ 4 Ohms) with a GK 115SBX (400W @ 8 Ohms) and a GK 410SBX (400W @ 8 Ohms) is a good idea... I'm working with a 240W combo now and when practicing with the band, I have to compete with the 100W full tube head of my guitar player... I mainly play funk, pop and rock with a Musicman Stingray. Experience or opinions anyone? Thanks, sam.
  2. Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    Great set up!

If I were you, I would get markbass cabs too. Neodynium is great, and they sound very well.
  3. I just bought the last original Little Mark from GAK in Brighton, and trust me, that thing is loud. Rock you like a mother. I can't vouch for it against a 100W guitar tube amp (I've only had it since yesterday!), but the volume with only one 410 is pretty beefy. I imagine you'll be able to match your guitarist with 2 cabs. I can't vouch for the cabs of course, but the head is a great idea.
  4. Texx

Sep 10, 2004
    I use the old LITTLE MARK with a Markbas Traveller 210 and it´s damn loud. Had no problems even on big stages so far.
  5. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    I use a Little Mark with an an 8 ohm SWR rear ported 1-15. It is loud, punchy and versatile. Effective eq to find your sound. And, it' very portable.