1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass Littlemark iii paired with Aguilar DB412

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass2daMix, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Bass2daMix

Bass2daMix

Dec 11, 2009
    PDX
    Quick question to more experienced TBers here.

Does Markbass Littlemark III have enough power to drive Aguilar DB412? Or am I better off with Epifani UL210 or Aguilar GS112?

I'm kinda new to high-end amps and cabs world, so any input would be much appriciated! Thank you.

2. ahc

ahc

Jul 31, 2009
    No. Virginia
    At 300 watts @ 8 ohms or 500 watts @ 4 ohms, you should not have any problems with an LMIII driving any cab. The question is... which head / cab combination sounds best to you. Go to a music store and try'em out.

3. I actually played through this exact setup.We opened for a local band kcdc, an acdc tribute band and this was their bassists rig.The lmiii sounded great through the Aguilar 412.

4. barrybass33

barrybass33 Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2008
    westchester new york.
    For some reason markbass heads sound pretty good through most cabs...

5. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Close ... Markbass f1 sounds great with a gs412.

6. Mulebagger

Mulebagger

Dec 12, 2007
    poppin in the corn belt
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Tsunami Cables, DR Strings, GK
    Play my TH500 w my GS412 when I don't feel like lugging my DB750. No problems driving the cab at all.

7. Bass2daMix

Bass2daMix

Dec 11, 2009
    PDX
    Thanks for the responses guys. I ended up getting DB412 along with Littlemark III, Aguilar TH500, and GB Shuttlemax 9.2(will get delivered this Friday).

After buying DB412, I kinda regretted it because of its size, but it does sound very good. So far, I've tried TH500 and LMIII with it, and it sounds GREAT with TH500. LMIII sounded good until I A/B with TH500. TH500 compare to LMIII is much cleaner, more defined and can add nice grind with the gain knob. Which is more of my liking. In other hand, LMIII's VLE and VLF knobs are nice to have for tone shaping. LMIII is still good head thou. I can't wait to try Shuttlemax 9.2 with DB412.

8. Mulebagger

Mulebagger

Dec 12, 2007
    poppin in the corn belt
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Tsunami Cables, DR Strings, GK
    I had the LMIII and like my TH500 better for the same reasons.
    The 412 is big, but not compared to two 410s. It's a great cab w plenty of volume and girth.
    Interested to know how you like the TH500 vs the shuttlemax

9. Me too. sub'd!