Markbass LMII Capability Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nonconformist, Sep 3, 2010.

1. nonconformist

nonconformist Guest

Mar 1, 2008
    I'm currently using my LMII with an 8 ohm Dr Bass 1260 (1 12, 1 6, tweeter).

I need to expand the rig to play larger shows, and am wondering if the Markbass will be sufficient if I am looking to add a 1 15, 2 12, or 4 10 underneath the Dr Bass. It will be running 500 W @ 4 ohms if I add an 8 ohm cabinet.

If not, what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

2. Definitely add another 8ohm cab! Maybe another 1260

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    that might be a little tough to accomplish given the news about dr bass not making cabs and having tremendous wait times. but yeah, an lmii should handle it just fine. 250w per cab isn't much different from 300w in one.

4. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I have the same rig , a 1260 and a LMII . I'd think adding another 112 with the same kind of 12" thats in your 1260 would be plenty loud for most gigs . I have a 310 cab that I use for our big gigs but the 1260 is really loud enough that I could use it by itself too and still hear myself at most gigs . I'd love to have another one to go with it .

My LMII does great with the 8 ohm 310 cab I have , 300 watts with that cab will do any gig I'll have . 500 watts into a pair of 12s should move some air .

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021